You Alone Define & Control Trust
No Dependence on Infrastructure
No Implicit Trust of Networks or Devices
The Trust Model is the basis of IT security. It determines which users gain access to which resources. It guides how data traffic is protected as it moves over networks and through Clouds.
The traditional Trust Model is based on ownership of a network. The network then is protected by a firewalled perimeter to keep unauthorized people out. If a user or device is authenticated for access then we assume they are trusted too.
“I own my network so I trust it. I know it is safe and not compromised.”
This Trust Model is completely broken. It is dangerous, creating a false sense of security.
In every major data breach of the past decade, attackers compromised a single user and stole the user’s credentials. They used the stolen credentials to leapfrog the perimeter or otherwise gain access to the “trusted” environment.
The attackers become “trusted” insiders.
This is why the average data breach takes 150 days for the victims to detect. That’s an eternity to have a hacker loose in your systems. It’s why hundreds of millions of records are stolen every year, costing enterprises billions of dollars.
IT security is broken because the Trust Model is broken.
Who Broke My Trust Model?
The evolution of IT has completely changed how we do business. It has made borders and perimeters irrelevant.
- Borderless Users: employees on-the-go, contractors, suppliers, customers
- Borderless Applications: digitization of mission-critical processes
- Borderless Devices: smartphones, tablets, BYOD
- Borderless Environments: WAN, Cloud, Internet, Mobile
Attackers now enjoy many more targets. The enterprise attack surface has exploded. Any compromised user or device becomes the steppingstone into the enterprise.
Once past the perimeter, attackers can move laterally from application to application. They can browse, steal and exfiltrate at will.
Trust must evolve to keep pace with evolved IT.
Trust Evolved: Bring Your Own Trust™
Bring Your Own Trust (BYOT) is a strategy for fixing the broken Trust Model. With BYOT, you alone define and control trust.
The basis of trust changes from whether you own a network or a device. Instead the Trust Model is built on user identity, keys and credentials that you alone own and control.
It’s all possible with our unique encryption key management technology and innovative platform.
- Trust is decoupled from perimeter and infrastructure
- No assumed trust because of any infrastructure owned or controlled
- Trust is built around the keys you own, not the boxes
- Our unique encryption key management technology automates keying for simplicity and scalability
- Security becomes elastic, extending beyond perimeter to follow users and apps
- ”Over the Top” Trust Overlay built around user identity, keys and credentials
Adopt a “Bring Your Own Trust” Strategy to Fix IT Security
Software-Defined Security Creates the Elastic Perimeter
Bring Your Own Trust – Get Started Today
Why ‘Zero Trust’?
Certes enables you to adopt Zero Trust without impacting your existing infrastructure or applications. Click here to learn more.